Friday, November 20, 2009

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

I am the Glass Princess, at least at my house I am. I have fallen in love with the art of lampworking, also know as glass bead making. I work in my "studio" out in my garage. It is a temporary set up, but it will do just fine for now. I work on a GTT Cricket torch with an oxygen concentrator. I absolutely love my Cricket!

I have an Etsy shop ready to sell my beads once I feel I have something worth selling, but for now it sits empty. I also have a domain name, but no actual web site set up yet. If you put in my web address, you'll just be redirected to my Etsy shop.

I have been making jewelry for a few years now and selling it on Etsy in a shop under the name Juniper Gems for the past year. I have really enjoyed the creative process and where it has taken me. It's been an evolving sort of thing which has taken me in many directions, but ultimately lead me to fall in love with lampwork beads. I just find them fascinating to look at even more fascinating to make!

I have another blog associated with my jewelry shop, which I will continue to maintain.... at least for now. I don't currently use my own hand made beads in my jewelry, but will in the near future. I will always continue to purchase and use artisan made lampwork beads from other artist, since I really like to offer variety in my pieces of jewelry. There is such a wide range of styles and techniques to explore, far more than one person will likely cover.

I hope you'll enjoy this journey along with me.

1 comment:

hotglassbabe said...

Yay me.... Im the first to comment on your new blog, lol!

Congrats on getting the new blog up and running! It looks fabulous.... love the colors. I look forward to reading about your adventures in lampworking and seeing the beautiful beads I know you'll create.
XO,
Nikki