Thursday, January 6, 2011

What did you get for Christmas?????

If you got one of the European style charm bracelets and need to start filling it up, I just made a whole new batch of beautiful Artisan glass beads for these bracelets. My beads will fit all the popular brands like Pandora, Troll, Biaggi, as well as any of the generic or knock off versions.

All of my beads are my right here in my home studio in San Antonio, Texas. They are properly annealed (a tempering type process), which many inexpensive import beads (China) don't do. Not annealing the beads leaves them unstable and prone to breaking, not something you'd want to have happen while wearing glass around your wrist!

The beads I make are all hand made and are one of a kind. They are uniquely my style, and although many people make similar beads, we all seem to put our own little signature on our work, which makes it something you won't find anywhere else. The name brand companies do offer beads, or charms as they refer to them, in glass, but the selection is limited and is not very unique.

I make beads that are both lined and unlined. I can line beads with Sterling silver, Brass which can be polished to a high shine or left oxidized (I think it is prettiest this way) and copper, which can be treated the same as brass. The unlined beads are perfectly fine to wear on your bracelet, but I do recommend making sure that they are not allowed to slide around a lot, use stoppers to keep them in a limited space while you fill your bracelet. Once it is full, they won't slide around very much.

Unlined transparent beads can pick up the tarnish that naturally comes off a sterling silver bracelet. You may notice that the inside of lighter colored, transparent glass beads may start to look dull or gray. This is easily cleaned. Just take them off your bracelet and use a mild soap, like dish washing soap and a soft toothbrush. Gently clean out the hole until all the residue has been removed. Allow the beads to dry and replace them on your bracelet. It only takes a minute and they are sparkling clean again!

No matter what brand your bracelet is,  your glass beads should always slide on easily. You should never have to twist or force them on. I know some of the brands use a threaded system with their beads and this is the exception. Even with those, if the threads don't line up, don't force it or you'll ruin the threads on your bracelet. If there is ever a problem with the size of my beads for your bracelet, they can always be remade or adjusted to fit properly. If in doubt about the size needs of your particular brand bracelet, you can always ask for assistance. I should be able to help you with that.


The beads shown here are available for preview on my facebook today and tomorrow and will be listed in my Etsy shop later this week or next week. I have plenty of great jewelry pieces in my Juniper Gems shop! Stop by and take a peek!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: