Thursday, February 11, 2010

Looking for Balance...

Anyone seen it??? I have been trying to strike a balance between doing what I love, making beads, doing the practical side of running an on-line business, taking photos, editing, and putting up listings, along with being a good wife, mother and animal care taker. I have remembered to feed the dogs everyday for quite some time now, so that is an improvement. The cat lets me know in a rather vocal way, long before she is actually out of food that her dish is getting low...Heaven forbid it actually be allowed to run dry!


I did get beads made this week, not a ton, but a nice bunch of Pandora style beads which I will list after I finish this post and a nice regular set. I had some custom orders to finish up, one is done, one is still in the process. It's a funny thing about doing custom work, somethings are very cut and dry, quite obvious what you used to make the beads. I don't keep an actual record of the colors I use and sometimes a bead or bead set is an evolving creature that sort of happens in the moment with what is in front of you. In the morning you pull it out of the kiln and think,  Wow, that turned out cool. I even have trouble some times when I go to list the beads a day or two later, thinking what color is that??? So when somebody asks you to remake a particular bead, you say sure, then you pull up the photo of the sold work and begin to analyze your work... hmmmm. what did I use at that end there???? I am in just such a pickle right now. I know what 90% of the bead is, it is just one stripe, at the end, I am baffled as to what I used, so I will have to sit down and give it a whirl and see what it looks like when it comes out of the kiln tomorrow.


I still need to get a handle on the rest of life in general. How to get the laundry done, groceries and dinner on a consistent basis. I have a reasonable routine going that seems to keep thing from falling into utter chaos, but I still have lots of work to do to actually get it down! I am trying to get some yoga and physical therapy exercises in a few times a week, since my neck and should are back up in a serious knot again. They have been heading that direction fro quite sometime and I knew what I needed to do, it was a matter of making time to do it. Pain is a good motivator!


I'd better wrap this up or I will never get these beads listed today! Stop by my Etsy shop later today and see what is new! I also intend to get a few new pieces up in Juniper Gems some time this week... We'll see how it goes!

No comments: