Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mothers, Photos and an Almost 16 Year Old....

My Mother was here to visit for about 6 days, we had a pretty nice time. I do think I likely drove her crazy since, I did comment on the frequent, unrequested help with driving skills, finding a parking space, and other random "helpful" suggestions. The weather was pretty nice for her stay, which made it possible to get out and see the area a bit, but we didn't get to go to all the places we would have liked, but since I won't be leaving Texas in the near future that I can see, I think she'll have the opportunity to see those places on future trips.

I have been working on getting better photo's for my beads. It's a whole different thing to get used to taking pictures of. Jewelry certainly was and is challenging, but beads are different in their own way. I bought a new light tent, lights and a photo riser, to give things a whole new look. I will be transitioning things over as I get time to take pictures and edit them. I will also be putting up new photos of all the jewelry pieces in my Juniper Gems Shop, which has been sorely neglected since I started selling beads. I will get this whole balance thing down eventually. I feel like I make small strides towards accomplishing the things I desire to  be able to accomplish on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. It's not going to happen overnight, and I am learning little by little how to prioritize and how to allow myself to take a little break from things without feeling guilty.

This coming weekend my Daughter Emily celebrates her "Sweet 16". Most days I wonder where on earth that term originated, since sweet only happens when they are asking you to get them something. The rest of the time, it's a crap shoot! You just never know what you are going to get from one minute to the next. She'll be making you laugh, and moments later be storming out of the room because you upset her in some way...??? The good things are still there everyday. She does tell me at least ten times a day that she loves me without being asked or in response to being told that you love her... she does it all on her own. I keep that with me at all times to remind me that the "Sweet" is in there, and that something is going right.

I should be putting up a few listings for beads this week, but will be a bit busy this weekend with a bowling Birthday party and a sleep-over with a half dozen 15-16 year olds. I could go torch just for the solitude!

I have decided to end my other blog, and combine it with this one. I just don't have enough time and energy to write for both, so this one will be the one that stays. Please stop by my Etsy shop and see what is new!

2 comments:

Mermaid Glass said...

I think your bead photos are coming along beautifully. Lampwork beads are soooo hard to photograph!

Congrats on your 'Sweet' Sixteen. With my 12-year old, I try look at each day as a new and exciting challenge. It's exhausting. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Laurie! I need the encouragement with the photos! They can really challenge me some days!

As for the Sweet 16, thankfully she is still sweet, just not all the time! But at least it's still in there and does show up most days! And yes it is exhausting!