Thursday, April 28, 2011

If All Else Fails......

Make spacers! Yep.. when confronted with a lack of creative thought in the bead making dept, but a desire/need to make beads.. I go to making SPACERS! This time around.. little Pixie Pairs.. cute cute, I must say.

I have jars and jars of pixie dust I have bought over the years, but to be honest I usually just grab my "go to" pearl pixie power.. all purpose, goes on anything because it's just a shimmer with out any color and I call it good. Well, what do you do with all those colors and finishes that sounded good when you ordered them... I could leave them to collect dust with the jars of frit.. (my frit challenged status is another post) OR I could play with them and see what happens.

That is about the extent of my creative flow in making beads this week.. what can I do with different colors of pixie dust over different shades of glass???? So far the results have been good. Only one dud thus far and by dud, I mean, I didn't like it, so therefore, I won't be taking pictures of it and listing them...

I've had a couple nice surprises. I thought putting a gold highlight over a woodland brown would produce a deep gold, but instead I got this great antiqued bronze look.. defiantly going to remember that combo! For the most part, things have come out about what I thought they would and I hate to say it out loud.. (I guess I'm not, I'm typing so it doesn't count right?) I think I may even by a few more colors and do some more experiments...

I have loved pixie dusted beads since the first time I saw one.. Don't know why.. I just do.. sweet, sparkly, but not over the top. I have been adding them to my bead sets since I starting selling beads and even put them in my Pandora style sets. I occasionally put a whole set of regular sized ones for sale in the shop and may do so in the near future. I like things that are basics, but with just a little more pizazz to them. I think pixie dusted beads are just that! I have both regular and Pandora style beads in pairs and sets (Pandora Style only in larger sets right now) listed in my Principessa Glass Etsy shop. Stop by and see what's new! There are also new listing most days in my Etsy jewelry shop Principessa Jewels. Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: