Sunday, January 15, 2012

FINALLY... Some New Beads!

After taking about a 6 month break from bead making for various reasons, I am back at my torch and working hard to make some pretty things! Much to my own surprise, I actually didn't lose much in the way of skills during my break. I expected to come back and have to relearn everything, but thankfully that hasn't been the case! I can't say I am trying NEW, complicated techniques, but I felt like I not only picked up where I left off, I think I am actually better for having taken a break. My head is clear, my thought process is stronger and I seem to be more confident in what I decided to tackle!

I am still in LOVE with making hearts and I make them all year long, not only when it's approaching Valentines Day. I think hearts are a wonderful shape no matter what the season, and I love the canvas this size and shape bead gives me to work on.

I have ventured into other shapes these days and I find myself favoring lager, focal sized beads, rather than making bead sets. I will still be making Pandora style beads, in sets as well as larger focal beads. I LOVE the bigger beads in the Pandora style. While they aren't really suitable for using on charm bracelets, they make great focal beads on a thicker chain and I use them a lot in my jewelry designs...You'll see more of that in the near future!

Please stop by my Etsy bead shop, Principessa Glass and see all the new listings I put up this weekend. I will have some new items in my jewelry shop, Principesa Jewels in the up coming weeks as well... There are ONLY so many hours in a day and I am trying to not run myself ragged.. I do have lots of new things planned for both shops, it'll just take a little time to get it all going. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

meena said...

beautiful! by the way, i'm a new follower, and hope someday, you'll follow mine too!

http://jewelrymaking4u.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you Meena! I stopped by your blog and followed back!